DALTON (March 11, 2010)—Mohawk’s Colors of Spring flooring sales event for Mohawk Aligned Dealers has become a key promotional tool for many of the nation’s best floorcovering retailers. And for 2010, Mohawk is beefing up Colors of Spring with a strong national advertising schedule, multiple financing options, and a consumer rebate that provides a strong incentive to buy immediately.
“We’re seeing dealers who are very excited about this year’s event,” said Manny Llerena, Vice President of Retail Marketing. “They’re seeing upturns in business, and they think the Colors of Spring sale is a great opportunity to bring people in during the industry’s proven peak selling season.”
Llerena said that the Colors of Spring event is designed to get consumers into a store, then guide them to make a purchase.
The Colors of Spring sale has three key incentive components:
1. For the first time ever, Mohawk is offering retailers their choice of finance offers, giving retailers the power to customize their sale. Dealers can choose from No Interest, Equal Pay for 12, 24, and/or 36 months, along with an aggressive buydown rate.
2. Brand new for this year, Mohawk is offering a consumer rebate of up to $300 on select Mohawk Wear-Dated® products and Mohawk hardwoods featuring Scotchgard™ Protector Advanced Repel Technology.
3. Mohawk is also offering special pricing on a variety of products, allowing retailers to give consumers exceptional value for their money.
Llerena said that Mohawk is supporting the sale with a national advertising campaign in print, television and online media, and is giving dealers a variety of tools to build their own corresponding local advertising programs. Among the sale components are:
• National television support on channels including HGTV, DIY, A&E, Fine Living, Planet Green, and TLC.
• National consumer magazine advertising support in consumer favorites like Traditional Home, Natural Home, Country Living, Martha Stewart Living, Fabulous Floors, House Beautiful, Real Simple, Better Homes and Gardens, and Family Circle.
• A “never go dark” online strategy that features banner ads on five major consumer websites, including Homeportfolio.com, HGTV.com, and MyHomeIdeas.com.
• Ability to customize Mohawk’s national TV spot and print ad for use in local markets. (Dealers who run their own local ads in conjunction with Mohawk’s national campaign have better sales results.)
• Bonus retail sales associate incentives through Mohawk Infinite Rewards, the industry’s most popular rewards program.
• Expanded, comprehensive point-of-purchase and merchandising kits designed in the sale themes to grow excitement at the store level.
• Customizable ad kits that include newspaper, radio, circulars, direct mail, even on-hold messages for retailers to use on a local level.
“There’s an opportunity in the marketplace to build business. But to get it, retailers have to be active and aggressive. We’ve structured the Colors of Spring Flooring Sale so that our dealers will have all the elements they need to bring people in and get them to buy,” Llerena said.
Participating dealers are now receiving the materials they need for the sale launch. To learn more, visit www.mohawktoday.com.